That re-potting session took longer than I thought. My ponytail palm (that was still in the pot from the store) was in really crappy soil. I would’ve re-potted it sooner if I had realized.
I also realized rather late in the game that it was possible to separate the caudexes of the ponytail palm, and I decided rather impulsively to do so. The two biggest ones are in the big new pot I bought for the purpose; it wasn’t possible to completely untangle the roots, but they’re now several inches apart. The smaller ones are each in their own pots. I hope this will improve the health of the plants.
I still have an echeveria that needs re-potted, but it will have to wait for another day. It’s going into the pot that the other plant came out of. Ha!